Louisville Downtown Street Faire
Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, seven summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Tenth Anniversary Celebration - Summer 2013
Jun 14 CJ Chenier
Off stage CJ doesn’t say much. So, after last year’s Street Faire when CJ said, “Hey, I’d really love to play your Tenth Anniversary,” we said, “Pick a date.” It’s time to get your Zydeco on because there is no better way to start the summer than a dancin’ in the street party with Mr. Chenier and the Red Hot Louisiana Band.Learn more
Jun 21 Young Dubliners
It’s an Irish thing. It’s a music thing. It’s a party thing. It’s one of the world’s great Celtic Rock bands bringing their unique sound to Historic Downtown for the first time and boy this is going to be fun and yes I’d love to dance and I bet the OLI is going to be rockin’ and no, you can’t bring that bottle of Jameson in, kind of thing. Erin go bragh!Learn more
Jun 28 Richie Furay
Hey neighbor, c’mon over… and bring your guitar. He helped invent Country Rock, he’s a Rock ’n Roll Hall of Famer, he’s a founding member of Buffalo Springfield and Poco, and he lives in the neighborhood. We are bodaciously thrilled to have Broomfield’s favorite son bring his great band and timeless tunes—plus that crystal clear tenor—to the Steinbaugh.Learn more
Jul 12 BoDeans
“I’ve always thought of the BoDeans as a truly American band,” says Kurt Neumann, group founder and frontman. Well, we’ve always thought of the Street Faire as a truly American experience, so let the stars align. Join us for a very special evening with the hit songs, energy, and sing-along sound of the boys from Milwaukee. Or, as Alice Cooper says in Wayne’s World, Mee-lee-wah-kay.Learn more
Jul 19 The Samples
Can we interest you in a mid-summer evening with friends old and new, having a cold one or two, and enjoying the music of one of the best bands to ever come out of the great city of Boulder? Thought so. Back by popular demand, it’s The Samples. Join Sean Kelly and company as they bring their unique sound to their third consecutive Street Faire.Learn more
Jul 26 Samantha Fish
A lot of folks think Buddy Guy is the world’s greatest living guitarist. Well, Buddy hand picked Samantha to lead off for him at a recent gig at his Chicago blue’s club—and the audience did something unprecedented; they called Samantha back for two encores—keeping Buddy off the stage for half an hour. There’s a fresh face and talent coming to town. Please give a warm Louisville welcome to singer and guitarist Samantha Fish.Learn more
Aug 2 Tab Benoit
Oh yeah.Learn more
Aug 9 Firefall
There is no way we could even think about having our Tenth Anniversary without Firefall. Jock Bartley and the boys will be bringing their beautiful songs and world-class chops to the Steinbaugh for the seventh time—kinda like seventh heaven for all us Firefall fans—and you are cordially invited to come sing along with 5000 of your closest friends.Learn more
Dickey Betts & Great Southern
Brothers and Sisters, we are VERY sorry to bring you the news that Dickey is ill and will not be able to perform this Friday. He was hoping to play the Faire and planned on making it up until Tuesday night. Our sincere best wishes go out to Dickey and his family for a speedy recovery.
We are lucky to have our good friend Chris Daniels and the Kings and some VERY special guests to provide the sound track to our party Friday night.
ps – Mr. Daniels is soon to be inducted into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame – come congratulate him. See you at the Faire.Learn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
5:30 — Community Entertainment
6:30— Headliner Band
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, Espolòn Margaritas, and Fetzer wines. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
- Use the new DELO parking lot and walk UNDER the overpass to the north entrance of the Faire! The walkway is ADA accessible.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet and next to Por wine bar. Bring a lock!
Take the Shuttle to the Faire — It's Free!
Park in front of ARC Thrift Store — Look for the Red Shuttle Flag
Downtown drop off and pick up in front of the Louisville Museum — 1001 Main Street
Shuttles run 5:00pm to 10:00pm on Faire Fridays
Shuttles are ADA accessible
For Street Faire Advertising Opportunities, please email Marilyn Davenport.
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2021 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Please email Marilyn Davenport
The Downtown Business Association takes video and still photography during all Street Faires for promotional purposes. By attending the Street Faire, you give the DBA permission to use your likeness in promotional materials, waiving further notice or compensation.
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities