Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, eight summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Jul 29 Couch
Funk • Rock • Pop
Great American Music 2022
Jun 17 North Mississippi Allstars
Southern Rock • Rock • BluesLearn more
Jun 24 MarchFourth
Brassy Instrumental • Marching Funk CircusLearn more
Jul 8 Ten Years Gone
A Celebration of the Mighty Led ZeppelinLearn more
Jul 15 Spin Doctors with Freddy Jones Band
Blues-Rock • Alt-Rock — Blues-Rock • Roots-RockLearn more
Jul 22 Southern Avenue
Blues • Funk • SoulLearn more
Jul 29 Couch
Funk • Rock • PopLearn more
Aug 5 Gasoline Lollipops
Country • Folk • Punk • RockLearn more
Aug 12 Kyle Hollingsworth Band
Bluegrass • Folk • Jazz • SoulLearn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street. Music starts around 6:00.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, a selection of wines, Espolòn Margaritas, and Stem ciders. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
We also have lots of free parking available in DELO, just a short walk away.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet near the alley. Bring a lock!
Please email Marilyn Davenport to sponsor the Street Faire
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2023 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities