Louisville Downtown Street Faire
Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, seven summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Great American Music 2018
Jun 8 Kyle Hollingsworth
Let’s get this party started with Kyle and band! An integral member of jam band legends The String Cheese Incident for over 20 years, Hollingsworth brings an uplifting groove, vintage funk, and shades of 1980s new wavy synthpop to the Steinbaugh. Come on out, it’s gonna be a beautiful night!Learn more
Jun 15 Locos por Juana
Time to get down! Come downtown for a unique fusion of reggae, funk, cumbia, salsa, and rock with Locos Por Juana. This GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY nominated bilingual band are bringing high energy and positive vibrations tonight. ¡Vamos de fiesta!Learn more
Jun 22 Blitzen Trapper
If Wilco met Bob Dylan somewhere in Cascadia, they might come out sounding like Blitzen Trapper. These folk rockers hailing from Portland have been spinning tales and tunes from the weirder side of Americana for over fifteen years. Come hear the twang in the evening air, and let the lyrics wrap around your soul for another beautiful night.Learn more
Jun 29 Shinyribs
A Shinyribs show is an exaltation of spirit. It’s a hip shaking, belly laughing, soul-singing, song-slinging, down-home house party. You want horns? You want soul? You want ukulele? We gotcha covered. Original songs laced with magical-realism meet novel interpretations of popular songs old and new. Ride down the Shinyribs river of country-soul, swamp-funk and tickle.Learn more
Jul 13 Samantha Fish
Missed her last year, did ya? It’s all right now, the Belle of the West is back in town for a glorious evening full of the sweet smoke of her voice, the fire licking off of the guitar, and the growlin’ Mississippi blues. The house is rockin’ tonight!Learn more
Jul 20 Gasoline Lollipops
These Boulder County locals have been making waves with their sweet, explosive, psychedelic-alternative-folk-country-rock. If you took the sincerity of dirt-floor folk, and mixed in the energy and rebelliousness of punk, and added in some alt-country and a bit of American highway, you might be getting there. It’s hard to explain, but it’s delicious to listen to. Come on down to be stirred deeply on a rich summer night.Learn more
Jul 27 The Young DublinersLearn more
Aug 10 Lee Fields & The ExpressionsLearn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
5:30 — Community Entertainment
6:30— Headliner Band
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, Espolòn Margaritas, and Fetzer wines. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
- Use the new DELO parking lot and walk UNDER the overpass to the north entrance of the Faire! The walkway is ADA accessible.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet and next to Por wine bar. Bring a lock!
Take the Shuttle to the Faire — It's Free!
Park in front of ARC Thrift Store — Look for the Red Shuttle Flag
Downtown drop off and pick up in front of the Louisville Museum — 1001 Main Street
Shuttles run 5:00pm to 10:00pm on Faire Fridays
Shuttles are ADA accessible
For Street Faire Advertising Opportunities, please email Marilyn Davenport.
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2021 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Please email Marilyn Davenport
The Downtown Business Association takes video and still photography during all Street Faires for promotional purposes. By attending the Street Faire, you give the DBA permission to use your likeness in promotional materials, waiving further notice or compensation.
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities