Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, eight summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Great American Music 2017
Jun 9 Roomful of BluesWe’ve had great musicians at the Faire, but no one better than these guys. Led by longtime members Mark Earley and Rich Lataille, Roomful of Blues brings the juice that will set you loose. We have a special treat for an opening act, from Louisville Colorado, the very talented Johnny O Band. See you at the Faire! Learn more
Jun 16 Dirty Dozen Brass Band
What is it about the New Orleans thing that works so well here? Who knows? Maybe we both just like a really good time and, of course, really great music. So, Faire folk, you are in for a real treat ‘cause we got the real deal coming to town. From the great state of Louisiana, please welcome The Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Laissez les bon temps rouler!Learn more
Jun 23 subdudes
No other band on the planet sounds like they do. They’ve captured something that’s all their own, but they’re willing to share. This will be the 9th time the ‘dudes have played the Faire — a record, at least until Firefall ties them in August. So join us at the Steinbaugh for the Four on the Floor show with the boys from Fort Fun. Papa Dukie will be in the house. Rain or shine, the ‘dudes are divine.Learn more
Jun 30 The Fabulous Thunderbirds
Hey, are you tuff enough? Yeah? Then come Downtown and get it on with this great American band. Led by the multi talented Kim Wilson, the Fabulous Thunderbirds are a blues based rock-and-roll machine and we’re thrilled to have them lighting up the Steinbaugh Pavilion. With Special Guest: Cass Clayton BandLearn more
Jul 14 Chubby Carrier
We’ve wanted to have Chubby Carrier at the Faire for years. Well, his touring hiatus is over and the guy many feel is the greatest zydeco artist on planet earth is back, and he’s coming to our town. Get ready to dance, ‘cause there ain’t no party like a Chubby party.Learn more
Jul 21 Katy Guillen & The Girls
Turn it up! Following in the talented Kansas City footsteps of Faire favorite Sam Fish, Katy and the ladies have, simply, got the goods. They can play, they can sing, and they have a sound all their own. So if you like your rock n roll young, original and sprinkled with melody and dynamics, we’ll be cooking up some fun this Friday. C’mon down!Learn more
Jul 28 MarchFourth!
Why? Because they’re great and the people have spoken. We get more requests to book M4 than any other act, and if you’ve had the pleasure, you know why. Join us as the musical fun factory from Portland brings their brand of funky mayhem to the Steinbaugh for the fourth consecutive year. Lace up those high heeled sneakers boys and girls, it’s party time, rain or shine!Learn more
Aug 4 No Faire tonight – we’re supporting the LAD First Friday Art WalkLearn more
Aug 11 Firefall
They’re the biggest selling Colorado band of all time. Their timeless tunes, superb musicianship, and local-boys-done-good vibe make their performances a joyful time—not to mention they got Mr Mark Andes back on the bass. So join us this Friday night and sing along with a few thousand of your closest friends. From Boulder Colorado, it’s Firefall.Learn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street. Music starts around 6:00.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, a selection of wines, Espolòn Margaritas, and Stem ciders. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
We also have lots of free parking available in DELO, just a short walk away.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet near the alley. Bring a lock!
Please email Marilyn Davenport to sponsor the Street Faire
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2023 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities