Louisville Downtown Street Faire
Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, seven summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Great American Music 2014
Jun 13 BoDeans
How good were BoDeans at last year’s Faire? So good that tears flowed and time stood still… or maybe it was just me. Watching frontman and resident genius Kurt Neumann transform from road-weary rocker to Shaman of the Steinbaugh was something to behold. What a night. BoDeans and Street Faire—sometimes you get it right.Learn more
Jun 20 Terrance Simien & The Zydeco Experience
First, a tip of the Baldoni to our good friend C.J. Chenier. C.J. played five straight years at the Faire, and every single show was great. And speaking of great, let us introduce Mr. Terrance Simien. This Zydeco master—a two-time Grammy winner—and his groove huggin’ band are gonna bring that Louisiana thing. Louisville and Louisiana: separated at birth?Learn more
Jun 27 MarchFourth Marching Band
This is impossible to explain, you’ll just have to be there.Learn more
Jul 4 DarkLearn more
Jul 11 Los Lobos
Hi friends, about this Friday: Los Lobos is a great band (duh) with fun loving, cool fans. That’s why they’re here.
If this is your first visit to the Faire, please know the venue is not big. We are putting in extra speakers for this show so those outside the tents and pavilion can fully enjoy the festivities. If the Pavilion is full, Please don’t Squeeze!
Come ready to dance and have fun, but also come ready to be kind and respectful to your fellow Faire attendees and volunteers.
Peace, the Street Faire Staff
ps – if the forecast says rain, bring an umbrella or raincoat, only a small part of the Faire grounds is coveredLearn more
Jul 18 Young Dubliners
Ahhh, high summer in Colorado, sunflowers in bloom, romance in the air, musical mayhem on Front Street. There’s no better way to spend a Friday night than dancing to the never-had-too-much-fun sound of these mega-talented lads. And yes, if the stars align and everyone behaves, the Steinbaugh stage may ring out with the sound of a good clogging.Learn more
Jul 25 The Iguanas
Did you know the iguana is the world’s premier party lizard? Well, it is. So imagine what happens when you get a group of Iguanas from New Orleans together. That’s right, a big freaking bash. So hop in Benny’s Cadillac, catch a ride to Front Street, and have yourself a real good time with one of the world’s great dance bands.Learn more
Aug 1 Chuck Prophet & The Mission Express
He’s a poet. He plays guitar like a sorcerer. He was an underground sensation in everybody’s favorite City. They didn‘t want to share him, but his talent landed him on Letterman and sent him spinning across the globe in a burst of genre-busting creativity. Join us for a San Francisco-infused artful kind of evening with the Prophet and his most excellent band.Learn more
Aug 8 Samantha Fish
If Tab Benoit was a woman, he would probably be Samantha Fish. Hi Samantha, we know you read these blurbs and hope you appreciate that statement, because it’s true. This young lady can play, she can sing, and she has that undefinable something that mesmerizes music lovers and those who soon will be.Learn more
Aug 15 subdudes
Featuring the original Boulder-based lineup and three decades of tunes, the ‘dudes are coming back to the Steinbaugh, a place they have graced with some of the greatest performances in Faire history. Like Papa Dukie says, “love is a beautiful thing, can’t wait to see, what the new day brings.” This Friday it’s gonna bring lots of great music and memories.Learn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
5:30 — Community Entertainment
6:30— Headliner Band
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, Espolòn Margaritas, and Fetzer wines. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
- Use the new DELO parking lot and walk UNDER the overpass to the north entrance of the Faire! The walkway is ADA accessible.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet and next to Por wine bar. Bring a lock!
Take the Shuttle to the Faire — It's Free!
Park in front of ARC Thrift Store — Look for the Red Shuttle Flag
Downtown drop off and pick up in front of the Louisville Museum — 1001 Main Street
Shuttles run 5:00pm to 10:00pm on Faire Fridays
Shuttles are ADA accessible
For Street Faire Advertising Opportunities, please email Marilyn Davenport.
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2021 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Please email Marilyn Davenport
The Downtown Business Association takes video and still photography during all Street Faires for promotional purposes. By attending the Street Faire, you give the DBA permission to use your likeness in promotional materials, waiving further notice or compensation.
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities