Louisville Downtown Street Faire
Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, seven summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Great American Music 2012
Jun 15 CJ Chenier and the Red Hot Louisiana Band
When CJ and band first came to the Faire in 2010, they were guests. Now they’re family. Literally. Washboard player Louisiana Slim married a local lady he met at the Faire! You know that these Zydeco masters will have the Steinbaugh hopping.Learn more
Jun 22 The Samples
Back by popular demand, it’s going to be a Boulder County kind of night as local boy made good Sean Kelly and band will play the unique reggae-flavored songs that make them one of the best loved musical ensembles to ever come out of Boulder.Learn more
Jun 29 The Nighthawks
The Street Faire talent search takes a rare trip to the East Coast to bring you rhythm’n’blues legends, The Nighthawks. The Washington DC based quartet will bring a groove-laden sound to the Steinbaugh with their unique take on American roots music.Learn more
Jul 6 The Groove Hawgs
And now for something completely different. Join us for a 4th-of-July-weekend party with 103.5 morning personalities Lewis and Floorwax playing the role of their musical alter egos, The Groove Hawgs. It’s all just for fun – and fun for all.Learn more
Jul 13 The New Riders of the Purple Sage
American. Originals. When the double-helix cosmic-highway San Francisco Sound merged with Country, these guys were THERE. Ladies and gentlemen, it’s the real pedal-steel deal: please give a big Street Faire welcome to David Nelson, Buddy Cage and the New Riders of the Purple Sage.Learn more
Jul 20 Marcia Ball
Back by popular demand, for her fourth consecutive year, please welcome, from N’awlins, the lady with the legs, the in*******credible piano player, and possibly the nicest person to ever grace the Steinbaugh stage – the great Marcia Ball. Her band is pretty good too.Learn more
Jul 27 The Smithereens
Another East Coast band? How you doin’? These FM radio hit makers, (“Blood and Roses”, “Only a Memory”, “A Girl Like You”) play music for the joy of it, and joy is highly contagious. In addition to their great originals, they do amazing covers of some decent bands, like the Beatles and the Who. This is going to be fun.Learn more
Aug 3 Tab Benoit
Were you at the Faire for Tab’s show last summer? If you were, you know. If not, do not miss this – we’re talking a power trio experience extraordinaire. The Faire seems to bring out the best in all our Louisiana musicians. Or maybe it’s the other way round.Learn more
Aug 10 Gregg Rolie Band
Oye como va. Join us for a very special evening with the Santana and Journey co-founder and his all-star band. This show will be all about Latin infused originals and the songs Gregg wrote and sang for Santana, including covering their masterwork, Abraxas.Learn more
Aug 17 Emmitt-Nershi Band
It’s been a wonderful summer and we’re going out in style. Join Louisville native Drew Emmitt of Leftover Salmon and Bill Nershi of String Cheese Incident for an only-at-the-Faire evening of jaw-dropping musicianship and good jam-band vibes.Learn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
5:30 — Community Entertainment
6:30— Headliner Band
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, Espolòn Margaritas, and Fetzer wines. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
- Use the new DELO parking lot and walk UNDER the overpass to the north entrance of the Faire! The walkway is ADA accessible.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet and next to Por wine bar. Bring a lock!
Take the Shuttle to the Faire — It's Free!
Park in front of ARC Thrift Store — Look for the Red Shuttle Flag
Downtown drop off and pick up in front of the Louisville Museum — 1001 Main Street
Shuttles run 5:00pm to 10:00pm on Faire Fridays
Shuttles are ADA accessible
For Street Faire Advertising Opportunities, please email Marilyn Davenport.
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2021 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Please email Marilyn Davenport
The Downtown Business Association takes video and still photography during all Street Faires for promotional purposes. By attending the Street Faire, you give the DBA permission to use your likeness in promotional materials, waiving further notice or compensation.
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities