Louisville Downtown Street Faire
Friends, Family, Community and the Magic of Live Music
For three or four hours, seven summertime Friday evenings, life is just like it should be. Babies don’t cry, dogs don’t bark, and wise elders feel nineteen again. The Muse visits the musicians pretty much every night and dances when the spirit moves her. We don’t know why this all happens here, we’re just glad it does.
Great American Music 2011
Jun 10 CJ Chenier
Straight from New Orleans it’s the Real Zydeco Deal – CJ and the Red Hot Louisiana Band tore it down last year and are sure to have the Steinbaugh hoppin’ again.Learn more
Jun 17 Little Feat
Hello Street Faire friends and family. Little Feat in little ol’ Louisville. Crazy, right? Let’s make it crazy cool. Come ready to dance and have fun, but also come ready to be kind and mellow with your fellow music lovers – ’cause there’s going to be a lot of us.
Peace. The Street Faire Staff.Learn more
Jun 24 The Samples
We’re thrilled to have The Samples at The Steinbaugh for the first time! It’s going to be a rock-n-reggae party with local-boy-made-good Sean Kelly and band.Learn more
Jul 1 No Faire
See ya next week!Learn more
Two of Colorado’s most beloved and talented musicians, Hazel Miller and Chris Daniels, have each played the Faire a record six times – join us for lucky seven.Learn more
Jul 15 Great American Taxi
“Americana Without Borders” is how GAT describes their no-limits sound. It’s going to be an evening of amazing musicianship and good jam band vibes at the Steinbaugh.Learn more
Jul 22 Tab Benoit
Pure. Talent. More of that Louisiana vibe that seems to work so well at the Faire – Tab Benoit brings his take on the blues – from deep in his soul directly to Historic Downtown.Learn more
Jul 29 Firefall
They call the Steinbaugh “home.” Join 5000 of your closest friends for a magical evening with Jock Bartley and the timeless tunes of this legendary Boulder band.Learn more
Aug 5 Hamilton Loomis
If you’ve seen him, you know—if you haven’t—it’s time. Hamilton is flat out amazing—taking the Bo Diddley Beat right to your feet. Let’s dance.Learn more
Aug 12 Marcia Ball
Straight from N’awlins and back by popular demand, Marcia and her smokin’ hot band are making their third consecutive appearance at the Faire.Learn more
The Street Faire runs 5:30–9:30pm.
5:30 — Community Entertainment
6:30— Headliner Band
The Street Faire is at the Steinbaugh Pavilion, 824 Front Street.
There is excellent food, cold drinks, lots of children’s activities, quality arts, crafts, sundries, and, because of our awesome sponsors, this event is FREE!
Rules? We don’t need no stinking rules! Well, actually we do, for courtesy and legal reasons.
- PLEASE do not bring alcohol to the Faire—it is illegal and just not faire to the folks bringing you this free event. Alcohol sales fund the Faire!
- PLEASE do not carry alcohol outside the Faire boundaries—this is also illegal
- PLEASE do not bring your own chairs or blankets anywhere under the tents or under the pavilion
- PLEASE park in legal spaces only or you will get towed
- PLEASE be courteous of our neighbors! Stay out of yards and gardens and do not leave trash or bodily fluids
- The Street Faire is a NO SMOKING event
- Q: Can I bring food to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but why not try a Downtown restaurant or some of the excellent Faire cuisine?
- Q: Can I bring alcohol to the Faire?
- A: Absolutely not.
- Q: What beverages are for sale?
- A: We sell Avery Brewing, Crystal Springs Brewing and Gravity Brewing beers, Espolòn Margaritas, and Fetzer wines. Water is available from our food vendors for purchase.
- Q: Are credit cards accepted?
- A: Yes!
- Q: Can I bring my dog to the Faire?
- A: Due to the crowd size and potentially hot weather, we do not feel the Faire is a good place for your dog. That said, it is not illegal. They must be able to handle crowds and you must take very good care of them—dogs are not allowed under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Can I bring folding chairs to the Faire?
- A: Yes, but the chairs CANNOT be set up under the tents or the pavilion.
- Q: Where is First Aid?
- A: Look for the First Aid booth staffed by the Louisville Fire Department located in the library parking lot.
- Q: Is there a lost and found?
- A: Yes, at the north ticket sales booth.
You can park in any legal space, but PLEASE be courteous to our neighbors:
- Do not park in restaurant lots unless you are eating there
- Do not block driveways—you will get towed
- Do not walk through residents’ yards
- DO NOT leave body fluids in residents’ yards
- Use the new DELO parking lot and walk UNDER the overpass to the north entrance of the Faire! The walkway is ADA accessible.
The Street Faire Bike Corral is located due west of the Steinbaugh, behind Bittersweet and next to Por wine bar. Bring a lock!
Take the Shuttle to the Faire — It's Free!
Park in front of ARC Thrift Store — Look for the Red Shuttle Flag
Downtown drop off and pick up in front of the Louisville Museum — 1001 Main Street
Shuttles run 5:00pm to 10:00pm on Faire Fridays
Shuttles are ADA accessible
For Street Faire Advertising Opportunities, please email Marilyn Davenport.
We are now accepting Vendor Applications for the 2021 Street Faire.
Questions? Please contact Lawrence Anderson, Street Faire Manager.
Help the Street Faire be a huge success!
If you would like to volunteer to work at the Faire, please email Lawrence Anderson
Please email Marilyn Davenport
The Downtown Business Association takes video and still photography during all Street Faires for promotional purposes. By attending the Street Faire, you give the DBA permission to use your likeness in promotional materials, waiving further notice or compensation.
Revenue from the Street Faire goes into making Historic Downtown a better place. Street Faire revenue funds, or helps fund:
- Holiday Lights
- Summer Flowers
- Carriage Rides
- The Arts District
- Local Charities